NEW IN PASSWARE KIT 2015 v.3
- Acquisition of files from Microsoft OneDrive
- Data extraction from Windows Phones
- Hardware acceleration with TACC2
NEW IN PASSWARE KIT 2015 v.2
- Acquisition of iCloud Photo Stream via live memory analysis
- Hardware accelerated password recovery for hidden TrueCrypt containers
- Automatic software updates
- Improved performance of Passware Kit Agent for Linux
- Decryption of FileVault 2 from Mac OS X Yosemite
- Passwords extraction from KeePass databases
- Exporting results to CSV format
Posted in Announcements, Events, Passware
Tagged acquisition, csv, filevault2, icloud, keepass, linux, photostream, release, TrueCrypt, update, yosemite
It is easy to create a dictionary file from any text or binary file (e.g. a memory image, hibernation or swap file). It order to compile your file into Passware Kit dictionary format (*.dic), follow the steps below.
1. Run Passware Kit against your password-protected file, then choose “Advanced: Customize Settings”. Drag the “Dictionary” attack from the list of attacks as shown below:
2. Choose “Custom” dictionary from the pull-down list of dictionaries, locate the file that you want to use as a dictionary, and click “OK”. It will be compiled to a .dic file.
3. Click the “Recover” button to start the password recovery process with your new dictionary.
Passware Kit will extract the words from your file, compile the custom dictionary, and use it to recover the password.
NEW IN PASSWARE KIT 13.7
- Acquisition of Apple iCloud backups for iOS devices *
- Decryption and password recovery for FileVault2 non-system volumes **
- AMD GPU acceleration for TrueCrypt password recovery **
- Windows password reset on UEFI systems
- Recovery of corrupted Windows Desktop Search databases *
- Performance logs for distributed password recovery **
* Forensic edition only
** Enterprise and Forensic editions only
OXYGEN FORENSIC PASSWARE ANALYST
Passware integrates its password recovery module into Oxygen software to provide a complete solution for mobile forensics – Oxygen Forensic Passware Analyst.
Should an investigator encounter a password-protected data backup, Oxygen Forensic Passware Analyst automatically attempts to bypass or recover the password by using brute-force, dictionary, or other easily customizable attacks to deliver full access to protected information in the shortest time possible. Integrated password recovery with full GPU acceleration (AMD and NVIDIA cards), as well as distributed computing, is available for Android images, iTunes, and Android backups to further speed up the recovery.